Friday, May 2, 2008

RSS Awareness Day

OK, I know I'm a day late on this. I've had this post prepared and I forgot to post it.

Basically it is all about subscribing to blogs/websites in a reader...which just means it will automatically give you all of the new content from the blogs you read without you actually having to go to the individual blogs. Its a time saver.

As far as I can tell the only drawback is that you don't get to see the actual blogs, which often have cool features on thier sidebars, and all kinds of interesting colors and designs. I personally like seeing all of that instead of just reading the content in black and white. (You do get pictures and videos that are embeded in the post with a reader, though.)

Anyway, Travis does a much better job of explaining all of this than I do so go here for a good explanation of feeds and why you might want to subscribe to mine.

If you are interested in subscribing to my feed just click on my little orange RSS button on my sidebar and you are all set!!


No comments: