You are reading my 100th post!! I find it hard to believe, but there it is in pink and...pinker. 100.
Apparently it is a tradition in the blogging world to celebrate the 100th post by posting "100 Things About Me". So here they are.
1. I read every license plate that passes by, and if you live here in Greenville I know what yours is.
2. I am afraid of dogs.
3. I gag at the very thought of Velveeta.
4. I have at least 10 rules for naming children.
5. I have the spine of a 60 year old, according to my chiropractor.
6. I love reality TV.
7. I love to make (and eat, of course) cheesecake.
8. I dry off inside the shower, not outside where I will drip all over the floor.
9. I love learning about Mt. Everest and its climbers.
10. I got DSL two months ago. What did you expect? I didn’t even have an e-mail address until 1998.
11. I had my third (and final) child without anesthesia of any kind. I don’t recommend it.
12. My shoe size is 9.
13. I love to travel.
14. I took piano lessons for 10 years.
15. I don’t eat organ meat. Period.
16. I have been to the Panama Canal.
17. I used a word-processing typewriter for my first two years of college.
18. I grew up on a farm that has been in my family for over 100 years.
19. My husband and I built our own home from the ground up.
20. I have visited 36 of the 50 United States.
21. I started driving a tractor at age 6.
22. I have very complex and thorough theories about what is really happening on LOST.
23. I worked as a bean walker one summer.
24. I participate in a NASCAR fantasy league on-line.
25. My middle name is Elaine.
26. I love to go camping.
27. I commonly refer to my home state as “The Nothing State.”
28. I can French braid my own hair.
29. I named my 2nd son after a man that got his nose, and several other body parts frozen off, while he was unconscious on Mt. Everest.
30. I can list all 50 states in alphabetical order by memory.
31. I did all of the wiring, including the breaker box, in our 4000 sq. ft. house.
32. I once beat my husband in a target shooting contest. (He requests that I emphasize the word once.)
33. I have a younger brother and a younger sister.
34. I got my ears pierced when I was 10 years old.
35. I wanted to be a hairdresser when I was younger.
36. I went TP’ing for the first time in my life when I was 25 years old. (With a couple of senior citizens from our church. True story.)
37. I have walked down a country road in the middle of the night with a shotgun in my hands.
38. I played in the percussion section of the concert band at EIU.
39. I once competed nationally in a Bible Sword Drill Competition.
40. I don’t like Florida. (Too many bugs, alligators, thunderstorms and humidity. Nice beaches though.)
41. I have never been to Disney World.
42. I have never had a drink of alcohol.
43. I don’t like coffee but I drink at least 2 cups of hot tea every day.
44. I grow and preserve all of my own green beans, sweet corn and tomatoes. (My husband suggests that I explain that by “I”, I really me “my husband”. Mostly true.)
45. I have plucked a dead chicken.
46. I have seen every episode of Survivor ever aired.
47. I’ve been chased down a mountain by a grizzly bear.
48. I was a cheerleader for 4 years…back when we actually wore sweaters and skirts instead of skin tight sleeveless t-shirts and hot pants.
49. I love the Dixie Chicks and I could care less about their political views.
50. I can not, and do not, dance…at all. Ever.
51. I love to make homemade bread.
52. I watch every second of Olympic coverage every two years (except basketball, yuck!). Thank goodness for DVR. It really saves on the video tapes I used to go through. 08-08-08!!!!
53. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Eastern Illinois University with degrees in Spanish and English.
54. I have been married for 13 years.
55. I always follow the rules.
56. The only two concerts I have ever been to are The Beach Boys and Jan and Dean.
57. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.
58. I have hitch-hiked with strange men in pickup trucks….twice.
59. I once made my 1 year old son walk around all day with a dead mouse in his shoe.
60. I have never had a broken bone.
61. I love canoeing.
62. I rarely get up before 8:30 am.
63. I have bathed in a river in Nebraska.
64. I want to live in Spain at some point in my life.
65. I have never pulled an all-nighter to cram for a test or finish an assignment.
66. I taught high school Spanish and English for 3 years.
67. I worked in a bakery called “The Donut Shop” at 6 am on Saturday mornings my junior and senior years of high school. What was I thinking?
68. I really want one of my kids to be in the Olympics some day. I don’t care what sport. Actually I’d rather it be me…but I think curling is the only sport I could still make it in and there isn’t much opportunity for that here in the Nothing State. Fun sport to watch though.
69. I coached high school volleyball for 3 years.
70. I have directed 35 plays and musicals and countless skits in the last 10 years.
71. I have seen a moose in the wild…more than one, actually.
72. I love to scrapbook.
73. I read a lot. I’ll read just about anything except self-help books.
74. My favorite super villain is Poison Ivy.
75. I am a card carrying member of the Daughter’s of the American Revolution.
76. I have been swimming in the Ohio River.
77. I am taller than my husband when I wear heels.
78. I have worn heels one time in the last 7 years.
79. I own a pair of thigh high boots. (Don’t ask.)
80. I have been on multiple deer drives.
81. I have always wanted a trampoline.
82. I’m a really bad bowler.
83. I am a Cardinals baseball fan.
84. I am interested in recycling and becoming more “green”
85. I have read War and Peace from cover to cover. (It only took 3 months!)
86. I like to have my feet rubbed and my husband likes to do it. Lucky me!
87. I think that Seinfeld is the best sit-com to ever be on TV and I can quote most episodes to you verbatim.
88. I steal the covers.
89. I would like to see a tornado in person...from the window of a basement…several miles away…going the other direction.
90. I think Crocs (cheap knock-offs, anyway) are one of the best inventions of this century so far.
91. I love the smell of freshly tilled soil.
92. I have been a maid of honor twice and a bridesmaid twice.
93. I know why the sky is blue. (Thanks, Brian)
94. My nickname is Big C.
95. I have made wedding cakes professionally.
96. I have eaten watermelon snow.
97. I love school!
98. My favorite NASCAR driver is Carl Edwards.
99. I am horrible at video games.
100. I LOVE BLOGGING!