Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Giant Hershey's Kiss

I made this easy "little" treat for my husband for Valentine's Day* and he loved it....and so did the kids. He practically had to beat them off with a stick. I may make one for each of them next time.

Here are the step-by-step instructions (complete with really bad pictures):

Step One: Plug the small end of a funnel. Grease funnel well. (I used Crisco. I wasn't messing around.)

Step Two: Melt Hershey's chocolate chips in microwave stirring every minute.

Step Three: If you are making a solid Kiss just pour the melted chocolate into the greased funnel. I made a filled Kiss so things were a little more complicated than that. Coat the inside of the funnel with a pretty good thick layer of chocolate. The hot chocolate will not want to cling to the sides of the funnel, instead it will want to pool in the bottom of the slippery funnel. Just keep working with it and smoothing it back up the sides. As it cools it will adhere better to the funnel.


Step Four: Put the chocolate coated funnel in the freezer until sides (or whole Kiss) are set and very firm.

Step Five: Make your filling. I used my Oreo Truffle recipe for my filling, but you could use peanut butter, or anything else that sounds good to you. You can put in as much or as little as you like. I put in a lot because Brian loves Oreos.


Step Six: Remove funnel from freezer and fill with filling, being sure to leave room at the top for your Kiss bottom of chocolate (does that make sense?).


Step Seven: Make Kiss bottom by filling the remainder of the funnel with chocolate. Smooth it out and put it back into the freezer until it is set.


Step Eight: To remove Kiss from funnel simply pour boiling water over the outside of the funnel. It should slide right out into your hand.



Step Nine: Wrap the Kiss in aluminum foil and add a handmade flag. TaDa!



For more great recipes and tips check out Kitchen Tip Tuesdays and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.
*Tune in tomorrow to see what he got me.

8 comments:

Monica said...

What a sweet, creative thing to do... In a society that just wants to run out and buy instead of taking time to make things and it's CHOCOLATE too!

Kristen said...

How creative are you? This is fantastic!

Jenn said...

That is such a cute idea and very versatile. You can use different size funnels for a Hershey Kiss Family!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How clever, of you!! Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Brenda said...

What a terrific idea! Too bad valentines day is passed. I want to try this!

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea!

Michelle said...

Wow, that is SUCH a cool idea. I am sooooo going to do this one day. Soon. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that?! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing.