Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken



I love Chinese food, but it is too expensive to eat at a restaurant all the time and it is hard to recreate the great Chinese recipes at home.....usually.

I received this recipe in a recipe exchange several years ago. It is so easy and really has the flavor of Sweet and Sour Chicken straight from a Chinese resturant.

Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken

3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in to bite sized pieces
1 jar apricot preserves
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 small can pineapple pieces (optional)
1 large green pepper cut up (optional)

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Mix ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.

For more great recipes and tips head over to Kitchen Tip Tuesdays or Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yum! Two of my favorites: crockpots and chinese! Thanks!

Cupcake Dessert said...

I also love crock pots and chinese food!! This looks so so so yummy!!!! thanks for sharing!!!

Jennifer said...

I love sweet and sour chicken, thanks for the recipe.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds easy and yummy! Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Lana said...

EASY and YUMMY! I'm going to be making this! Thanks for sharing.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Interesting recipe. Sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I'm also going to make this - Thanks!

Nanna said...

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing
Helen