Thursday, March 26, 2009

He's Our You


That has to be the best episode title ever. LOST rarely pulls lines straight out of the show for their titles, but this one was just too good to pass up. Sawyer's "He's our you." definitely gets my vote for best line of the night.

What we learned:

Little Ben is quite the humanitarian (bringing the sandwiches and all) but he developed his evil genius mastermind skills at an early age too, apparently.

Horace's intimidation methods are laughable when appllied to Sayid. "I'm going to take it to the next level." Oooooh, I bet he talks now. Come on Horace, you're a lover not a fighter.

When she gets all dressed up to seduce somebody Alana looks just like Jordin Sparks.

We have to add A Separate Reality to our LOST Books list. (How appropriate.)

Someone, my guess is Whidmore, hired Alana to get Sayid on that flight, while failing to mention to her that it would probably crash.

Mad scientists are somehow less intimidating when they have a southern accent.

Ben really shouldn’t wear hats.


Questions that were raised:

Is Ben really dead? (No way.)

Was it just my DVR dying or was the whole episode really “jerky” for everybody?

Is Sayid going to be wearing purple all season? Maybe he’ll get a jumpsuit soon.


Where is Farraday and what happened to him?

Where have I seen that drawling mad scientist guy before? I know he's been in some other show.

*Updated: The Mad Scientist is Larry from the Bob Newheart Show. You probably remember his brothers Darryl and Darryl.


Check out LOST Untangled at http://www.abc.go.com/ for a real laugh and a look at what Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) has to say about the significance of the books that appear on LOST.


Head over to The LOST Books Challenge to read more theories.

7 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

you are too funny...love your recap!

I didn't notice the purple garb with Sayid, but now that you mention it....woah.

I think Ben was behind hiring Ilana, but then you might be right about Whidmore

I jotted down a few of my thoughts this morning on my blog if you feel like popping over.

Happy to find another LOSTaholic to swap theories/thoughts!

Peace~
*~Michelle~*

http://pridelandsmommy.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

Hey, the mad scientist guy is Larry from Newhart. "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl."

Great recap!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I kind of liked Ben's hat! I'm not sure who was behind getting Sayid on the flight, but I think Ben is somehow behind it. He always is, after all.

DO you think Ben was the one who sent the burning bus into town? I have a feeling he probably was.

Anonymous said...

We have satellite out in the boonies and thought it was pretty jumpy in places, too. Thanks for the recap!

-Lenetta

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the title! It was a good one. And I thought the Dharma-ites ideas of information-gathering were a lot more tame than the myriad torture scenes we've seen so far... until they decided to kill him all the sudden of course lol.

Anonymous said...

And... where are Bernard and Rose?

I loved the episode but felt like we didn't LEARN much other than Sayid shooting Ben. I got to thinking about the Temple and the Smoke Monster and blogged about that this week.... oh the endless mysteries of Lost. I LOVE IT.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Ok, so ... I'm just now getting around to commenting on last weeks post - sorry!

Can you tell me where to find the Daniel Dae Kim interview you mention at the bottom of your post? I'd love to post that over at the Lost Books Challenge.