Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

It's time for another yummy recipe.

This fall I froze a LOT of pumpkin. I made a few pies at the time, but most of our pumpkin crop was cooked, pureed and frozen for later use. Later is now.

Frustrated with my lack of freezer space, I decided to break out the orange stuff. I couldn't get the bags of frozen pumpkin because the cranberries were in the way. That is when I had what Oprah calls "an ah-hah moment", and I decided to search out a recipe that would incorporate both ingredients.

I ended up making some delicious little mini muffins and taking them to ladies night at Pottery Hollow (pictures of my latest creation coming soon) where everyone ooohed and aaaahed over them all night. I decided it might be nice to share the recipe with everyone. I of course, can't take any credit for it because it came straigth from allrecipes.com, as usual.

So here it is: Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries. Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

This recipe will make approx. 24 regular muffins. If you want to make mini muffins decrease the cooking time to 10 minutes. You will get close to 4 dozen mini muffins.

For more great recipes check out Tammy's Recipes and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That was a great "ah ha" moment. Thanks for linking up, for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.