Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Enchiladas de Pollo y Queso


Two weeks ago on a Tempt My Tummy Tuesday I meandered over to Lisa's site and found this post about the best enchiladas she had ever made. I then followed the link to Newlywed's site and found her recipes for Sticky Chicken and Enchiladas de Pollo y Queso (Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas). Right then and there I decided I had to try those recipes.

That very night I made Sticky Chicken and my family loved it. I cook a whole chicken about once a week anyway, but I usually bake it or boil it. I had never actually cooked one all day in the crockpot. It was so easy!

I also like to rub down my chicken with rosemary, lemon pepper, or best of all Country Bob's Seasoning Salt. The trouble is I can only buy Country Bob's in certain Wal-Mart stores...not the two I frequently go to. The spice rub on the sticky chicken was made from spices I already had around the house and gave the chicken a great flavor.

As suggested, I saved the leftover chicken and the drippings (1 cup of them) from the sticky chicken and used them the next night for the enchiladas. Once again the recipe was super simple and super delicious. If we weren't on this blasted diet we would have eaten the whole pan (or the 'whole enchilada' if you like puns) in one sitting.

Both of these recipes were absolutely DELICIOUS! So if you missed them the first time here are the links again for:


And here is a little tip from me. I used to copy every good recipe I found on one of these carnivals and then paste it into a word document. That created a very random, very disorganized virtual cookbook. Now I've gotten smart (actually my computer crashed and I lost all of my recipes...at least until I get someone to reinstall everything on my new laptop) and I just save the post with the recipe in it to my favorites. I've created a Folder under the Links category that I call Recipe Links (I also have one for Scrapbooking and Card Links). I save the link and then I can click back to it anytime I want and get the recipe...plus I can surf around that site for more good ideas instead of wondering where the delectable treat came from in the first place.

Don't miss this opportunity to head over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday or Kitchen Tip Tuesdays to find your dinner menu for tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed both the recipes. They are favorites over here, and love the chicken because its so verstile. And thanks for the tips on organizing the links.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Both recipes sound wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I told you they were good!! I am SO GLAD you tried them and shared the goodness of Newlyweds recipes. I am such a fan, too!!