Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another Milestone

And this one is a biggie.

Kinley now (ocasionally) plays by herself!!!!

On her own initiative she'll head upstairs to the toy room and entertain herself for a while. I never thought this day would come. Yippee!

I first discovered her new found independence a few days ago when I noticed she wasn't hanging around my legs, but instead giggling hysterically upstairs. I crept up and peeked in the toy room to see which of the boys was playing with her and eliciting such happy sounds. Instead I found Kinley all alone holding the toy battery powered drill to her stomach tickling herself. She kept that up for probably 5 minutes.

The next day I didn't hear anything from her for a while and went to investigate once again. This time I found her sitting on the top step completely under her blankie drinking from a Gatorade bottle of water she had found in the boys' room. Since it was just water I let her enjoy her forbidden fruit for as long as it would last.

Of course, as I type this she is sitting on my lap throwing a screaming fit and trying to push the "alt" key, so it isn't a full time thing....yet.

No comments: