Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We Sold Our House!!

I can't believe it either. I never thought we would do it, but we couldn't pass up the offer. $500,000 is a lot of money, after all. Plenty for a new house.






APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!





That is my best attempt at an April Fool's joke. Wasn't it great? I thought about having the title be "I'm Pregnant!" but that is just too scary to be funny.


This is one of Ryker's favorite days of the year. Personally, I totally forgot about it until I was scrolling through on AMC today and noticed that "fool" was in the title of every movie. (BTW, that is a great way to find out when an old celebrity dies. If they are showing all Sean Connery movies you can be pretty sure he just kicked off, either that or it's his birthday. Either way a quick check on Yahoo will confirm your suspicions.)


I digress. Anyway, Ryker loves to fool as many people as he can, but he isn't necessarily that good at it. As soon as he got home from school he had to report to me about his 3 tricks of the day.


#1 He wrote "2007" instead of "2008" on one of the papers he turned in to his teacher today.


#2 He told his music teacher it was his birthday today. (He said "April Fool's!" before she could say "Happy Birthday".)


#3 He hid inside a locker and jumped out and scared one of his friends as he came down the hall.


At least he got better at it as he went along.


He gets the foolin' bug from his father. Brian loves to fool me, and not just on April 1st either. One of his favorite gags is to take his life-sized cardboard cut-out of Han Solo in storm trooper armor and stand it in the bathroom. He then patiently waits for me to open the door and scream. But on April Fool's Day he always pulls the same trick...lucky for him I never realize it is April Fool's Day. He puts a rubber band around the handle of the sprayer on the sink so that when I turn the water on I get sprayed. LOL, yeah right!


Today about 12:30 pm when AMC kindly reminded me that it was indeed April 1, I was surprised that I was still dry. Apparently someone else forgot the date also. Well, not for long. As soon as Brian got home he rigged the sprayer. Here is what happened.

I hope you can see the big wet spot on his shirt. That's right, he got himself. He was eating turkey, had some greasy fingers and went to wash them off when....BOOM he gets sprayed. Serves him right!

Of course I'm sure that later tonight I'll get sprayed because he'll just put the rubber band back on and I won't look for it, as usual. Some April Fool's Day's I get it two or three times. Sad, I know. But at least I'll always have April 1, 2007 (April Fool's!!) to look back on and smile.

No comments: