Sunday, March 16, 2008

Conversations with Cainan

#1
Mommy: Next year you’ll get to go to Ryker’s school.

Ryker: Yeah, and then after that you get to go to the Junior High.

Cainan: And then I get to go to Daddy’s school?

Mommy: Yep, when you are in 9th grade.

Cainan: Then where do I go after that?

Mommy: Then you go to college somewhere and get a job.

Cainan: Then I stay home every day like you?


#2
Cainan: When will we be home?

Mommy: In about 5 minutes.

Cainan: If we don’t get home before I count to 10 I’m going to starve. One…two…three…four…five…six…seven…eight…nine….(pause)…nine and a half….nine and three quarters….(pause)….nine and three nickels….10!

#3
Cainan: Owwww! Ryker hit me in the nose!

Mommy: I think you’re OK. It was an accident.

Cainan: Am I bleeding? I think it might be bleeding.

Mommy: No, your nose isn’t bleeding.

Cainan: Did you check both noses?

#4
Mommy: How did you get that bruise on your head?

Cainan: Someone ran into me at church.

Mommy: Who?

Cainan: Elijah.

Mommy: Oh.

Cainan: Not Justin’s brother, the orange one*.

Mommy: ……………….

(*I think this refers to Elijah Walker, who is half African American, but I’m not sure.)

No comments: