Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Morning After

Well, make that the "week" after....after the play that is.

This week and the 2nd week of December are always the busiest of my year. I spend every waking moment rehearsing, building the set, making programs, finding costumes, etc. And then I come home and go to bed and do it all the next day.


After a production there is always a huge sense of relief....especially if it went well, but that feeling only lasts until Monday morning when I wake up and look around my house. I always have a mountain of work at home to catch up on.

This is what my house looks like....the week after.

The recylcing center. (Some additional sorting may be required.)





The toy room. (OK, I admit. This probably wouldn't look any better if I had been home.)


The dining room table. Obviously used for game playing instead of eating since I didn't cook for an entire week.



Piles of clean laundry completely covering my bed. (Obviously taken a couple of days into the recovery week. You can imagine what it looked like before the laundry was washed and folded.)




Piles of laundry on my floor because no more will fit on my bed.

The dishes. Someone obviously decided they needed to eat this week even if I was gone.

Oh well, what else do I have to do all day, right?

No comments: