Friday, May 1, 2009

Month Two

Well it's May 1st which means it is weigh-in day for our local Biggest Loser competition. Last month I lost 9 lbs so I was looking for equal or better results this month.

Wrong.

This month I lost a grand total of .............................2 pounds.
T-W-O. 2, as in almost 1.

Ridiculous! I followed the same routine as last month almost exactly. I'm still working out 6 days a week, sometimes 7. I'm still eating based on the same Weight Watchers guidelines as I used before. The only difference I can see is that I didn't consistently drink my 64 oz. of water everyday like I did last month. Could that really be 7 pounds worth of weight? Maybe.

I'm also at that magic number where my body thinks it belongs. Every time I hit this point with my weight my body stops. It never wants to go any lower than it is right now. I have no idea why. There is still plenty of room for improvement. I'm still 15 pounds from my goal. I have a feeling if I can just get over this hump I'll be home free.

Oh well. This is a new month. I'm having pork burgers on homemade whole wheat buns, bean bake and carmelitas with my family tonight and then back on the band wagon. I'm going to try shaking up my routine a little bit and hitting the water hard.

My goals for May are:

1. Lose 10 pounds.
2. Drink a minimum of 64 oz. of water per day.
3. TurboKick 3 days a week.
4. Jogging 2 miles 3 days a week.
5. Walking 3 miles 2 days a week.
6. Add Jillian Michaels workouts 2 days a week. (*new*)
7. Add weight lifting routine 2 days a week. (*new*)

We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like awesome goals!!!