Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fitness Freebie

If you are bored with your current workout or not getting the results you would like, you might want to try a killer workout put together by Jillian Michaels, the big bully trainer in a 100 pound body on "The Biggest Loser". You can get a free one week trial of her fitness program.

All you have to do is go to her website http://www.jillianmichaels.com/ and sign up for the FREE Weight Loss Plan. You'll have to fill out a short survey with some personal information. When you get to the end of the process you will find out that the 3 little paragraphs telling you to eat less and workout more were your "FREE Weight Loss Plan", and then you will be asked to provide your credit card number and pay $4 per week in order to get the customized workouts, etc. Don't do it. Just leave the site. In about 2 days you will get an email offering you a free one week trial of the complete program.....and this time it really is free.

When you start your free trial you will have to enter your payment info but you will not be charged until your free week is over. As long as you cancel before your week is up you are free and clear. On the program you will receive access to a weight tracker, customized circuit training workouts for 7 full days and menus and meal plans. You can also get a preview of "next week's workout". So you actually get 2 full weeks of workouts for free.


The biggest advantage to the site is a section called "The Moves". This section has detailed descriptions of every exercise that Jillian recommends. It also has pictures of Jillian doing every move. All of this is printable. I went through and printed off a picture of Jillian doing every single move (close to 50 different exercises). Now when my two weeks of workouts are up I can create my own new ones using other moves from Jillian's database. I've already introduced some of the ab moves to my TurboKick class and they really liked them.


These are great workouts, but I'll warn you....they are tough. I'm only on level two (out of three) and I'm supposed to be doing 3 sets of 15 push ups where you push yourself up so high that you can clap your hands together before you come back down. Yeah, right. I'm not a Navy SEAL. I just do plain push ups and consider that good enough. If you haven't been working out regularly you will definitely want to go with level one.
My original plan was to add the Jillian workouts on to my 2 mile run days. No way! Those workouts are enough in themselves. So now I have an alternative to running on the days I don't do TurboKick. I'll let you know how it goes on June 1st.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manу
thаnks, I appгeciate it!

Feеl freе to surf to mу homeρage core exercises for kids

Anonymous said...

I nеeded to thank you foг this wonderful reаd!
! I definitely enjoyed every little bit оf it.
I have got you book mаrkеd to look at new stuff you рost…

Here is my ѕіtе: Garden