Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thank You Sunday School

In the two year old Sunday School class at our church there really isn't a lesson. They sing a few songs but they don't sit and listen to a Bible story or color a picture of Moses or anything. Mostly they just play. But, Kinley has learned one valuable lesson at Sunday School.

The other day I told her that we needed to clean up her toys in the living room. She immediately jumped up and headed for the scattered toys. She was swinging her arms and happily singing, "Wee wup, wee wup..." It took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant, but I finally got it.

She was singing, "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere. Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share." And she does it every time! If I ask her to clean up anything she starts singing and cleaning with no fuss at all. It is so cute. Well...most of the time.

The other day I was frustrated with cleaning the house all day only for it to be trashed again at night when the "boys" get home. Disgusted, I said, "This kitchen is a mess!" To which Kinley very matter of factly replied, "Wee wup, wee wup Mommy."

Still cute....but also annoying.

2 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

That sounds like it should be my theme song if, that is, you replaced each "everybody" with the word "moms" and then added "... and everybody else's" at the end. Then it would come closer to fitting.

Sore subject. Anyway, I empathize. Glad Kinley helps to keep the mood light.