Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sally Lunn Batter Bread


For Kitchen Tip Tuesday I thought I would share one of my favorite bread recipes. This one is super easy. As a matter of fact I handed Brian the recipe card last night and he made the bread from scratch with no help from me and it turned out great!!! He had never made any kind of yeast bread before....it's that easy.


Sally Lunn Batter Bread


1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
1 c. warm milk
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. sugar
2 t. salt
3 eggs
5-6 c. flour

In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 3 c. flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead!

Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Stir the dough down. Spoon into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm with honey butter.
For more great kitchen tips and recipes click here.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

This looks excellent! I can't wait to try it; I have been trying lots of kneadless breads lately. In fact, I just posted one today, too!