Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Culinary Inspiration

Unfortunately I have no recipes to share today. I haven't been very inspired lately and I haven't had many occasions to make anything impressive either. I need some culinary inspiration. When I need a good idea or a fun recipe I have several blogs that I go to. Maybe you'll find them helpful too.

I already mentioned 17 and Baking and Brown Eyed Baker last week, but here are the others I commonly search:

Annie's Eats: Her most recent posts feature Shrimp Scampi, Blueberry Scones, Island Spice Pork Tenderloin, Yeasted Doughnuts and Italian Bread.

Proceed with Caution: This blog features "Clean Eating" recipes. Recipes that use whole foods (not processed) and ingredients that provide lots of nutrition for your body. Her most recent posts include Pumpkin Chocolate Brownie Cake, Black Eyed Pea Stew, Jalepeno Poppers, Pumpkin French Toast and Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream. Nutritional information is listed at the end of each post.

Bake at 350: This lady is no ambitious home cook. She's a professional. Her cookies are phenomenal. She can make a cookie look like a computer, a shoe, a diamond ring or a mug of root beer. She is like the Ace of Cakes, um, but of cookies. I rarely make anything from her site but I love to look at them. If you ever need an idea for a party theme you've got to see this blog.

Baking Bites: is a very educational baking blog. It combines recipes with product reviews, cookbook giveaways and political (ban on baked goods in schools) discussions. You can go there right now and find out how to make your very own Girl Scout cookies. Yep, she's got the secret recipes for Samoas, Thin Mints, Do-Si-Dos, and Tagalongs right there on her home page. I've got to try some of those.

Dinner & Dessert: I've recently started following this blog. I have to say that it is more dessert than dinner, but that's just the way I like it. :) Recently she has posted recipes for Dulce de Leche cookies, Chocolate Bailey's Cheesecake, Black Bean Squash Burritos, Chocolate Chip Muffins and Irish Cream Truffle Fudge.

Joy the Baker: This site is a little more gourmet than the others I frequent and the photography is as impressive as the recipes. Recently she has shared her recipes for Broiled Grapefruit with Brown Sugar and Ginger, Homemade Caramel Corn, Poppyseed Cake with Blueberry Glaze, Little Lemon Hazelnut Cakes and written an ode to her box grater, oh, and moved. She is busy baking lady.

Now, I'm hungry. Uh-oh. I'm seeing samoas in my future. :)

No comments: