Friday, April 24, 2009

I Wuv You!

Kinley has really started to talk circles around us all. It is completely possible to carry on a full conversation with her....and even understand everything she says.

I always love it when they get to this stage. The things they say just crack me up. I remember Ryker saying, "I wike your wips." one time when I was wearing bright lipstick. And this was the age when Cainan started saying, "That's dickly-us" (meaning ridiculous). It is also the age when they finally start to say "I Love You."

I have to admit, I've been trying to get Kinley to say it for a while now. Everytime I say "I Love You" she says "OK". (Obviuosly she is taking lessons from her nine year old brother.) So I started telling her to say "I Love You Too". She does repeat it after me but it's not the same as her just spontaneously saying it.

That's why I was so thrilled when one day out of the blue she said,"I wuv you SOOOOOO much." I couldn't believe it....mostly becuase I never say it that way. I didn't know where she picked it up by I was excited. I did notice that she had added an extra incomprehensible syllable on to the end of 'much'. I asked her to say it again and again but I still couldn't figure out what she was saying.

Finally exasperated with me she said, "Mommy you the pince and me the pincess. I wuv you sooooo much, pince."

I'll take what I can get. "I love you sooooo much, princess."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!

Jackie