Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chicken, Corn & Lima Bean Stew


When it's cold outside soup is the perfect meal. Especially a soup you can make in the crockpot. This yummy stew is one of our favorites.


Chicken, Corn and Lima Bean Stew


1 can (26 oz.) diced tomatoes

1/4 cup tomato paste

3 T. Worcestershire sauce

1 T. minced garlic

1 1/2 t. each ground cumin and dried oregano

2 cups diced onion

1 large green pepper, diced

2 cups each frozen corn and baby lima beans

1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cooked

4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled


I like to boil an entire chicken and then just pull off the meat I want in the stew. You can cook your chicken however you like.


After you've cooked the chicken you can start adding ingredients to the crockpot. Add the liquids and spices first. Stir well, until combined. Add remaining ingredients, except bacon, and stir well. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Serves 5


I clipped this recipe from a magazine years ago. It had the nutritional info printed with it so I'll give you that too.


Per serving: 422 cal, 39 g pro, 50 g car, 9 g fiber, 9 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 117 mg cho, 794 mg sod


That makes it 8 pts. per serving on the Weight Watchers system.


For more great recipes head over to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday or Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks pretty good except that I just can't do Lima beans!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love this idea. My daughter loves lima beans. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I never had stew like this before. Sounds pretty good!