Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Reading List

I've been a little behind in my reading list lately but I recently got it all caught up.

If you haven't noticed, I have a list of all of the books I've read in 2008 on my sidebar. I also have a link there to the reviews I have written about those books. If you like to read and like to see what other people are reading then you should check it out.

Click here to see my complete list of book reviews.

And here is a sneak peek at the books I would like to read next:

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
The Shack by William Young
Glimpses of the Moon by Edith Wharton
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
So Brave Young and Handsome by Leif Enger
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Grupery
The Rain Before it Falls by Jonathan Coe
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
The Innocent Man by John Grisham

Let me know if you've read any of these and if they are good or not. I don't really know much about any of them except that they were recommended to me in one way or another.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Hey, Crystal -- Jill's friend, Sandi here. I've read the Shack and think it is definitely worth the read -- it will be up to you what you think of it. Definitely interesting, thought-provoking, etc...

Anonymous said...

I am curious about The Shack, too and would love to hear your comments. I would also recommend Jason F. Wright's other books: The Christmas Jars and Recovering Charles. I tried listening to The Innocent Man and it is very detailed! Since it's written about a true case, it's has a lot of information. Definitely would need to be read instead of on audio..in my opinion!

Speaking of The Wednesday Letters, I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php