Monday, August 25, 2008

The End

Well, the Olympics are coming to an end. It is always a sad time. Now we have to wait for 2 more years until we can have another two full weeks of thrilling competitions in Calgary. (Thank goodness there is only a one hour time difference for us to deal with in 2010.)



As the games come to an end I actually have new hope for my own Olympic dreams. At age 33, despite Oksana Chusovitina's and Dara Torres' amazing medal wins, I've known for quite some time that I have no chance to ever make an Olympic team...not to mention the fact that I am not athletically talented in any way, shape or form.



I've always thought that curling, equestrian and sailing were my only chances. But since I don't own a horse or a boat or have the money to buy either, that pretty much just leaves me with curling. But before we pick up and move to Wisconsin and become cheeseheads I've found a new hope...Rowing.



Did you watch the rowing? The USA women won the Eights. In rowing there is this little woman that sits in the front and says "stroke, stroke, stroke". That's it. That's what she does. You basically have to have good rhythm. You don't even need a loud voice because they give you a microphone. I could do that. How hard could it be? London 2012 here I come!



What? You have to be 5' 2'' and 100 pounds so you don't weigh down the boat too much? Oh. In that case....Oshkosh here we come!

On second thought maybe I should turn to track and field. Although I have no real speed to speak of I'm pretty sure that I could hang on to the baton. So no matter how slowly I went I would still finish better than we did this year.