Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Early Christmas

I am about to do something I have never done before. I am going to set up my Christmas tree during the month of November! Not before Thanksgiving, mind you, but a couple of days afterwards.

Usually I put up my tree and all of my decorations on the day after the musical at church. By then all of my holiday stress is gone and I have more free time. However, that means we don't get our tree until around Dec. 15 every year. This year we are leaving for our ski trip on Dec. 18....that means only 3 or 4 days of enjoying the decor before we dash off.

So....on Saturday NOVEMBER 28th we will officially begin the Christmas season here at the Grove house. A little early for us, but necessary. Until then we will be completely focused on Thanksgiving, Brian's favorite holiday.

We don't have to be anywhere until 5 pm Thanksgiving night, so starting today at 2 pm we are going to lay around the house and play boardgames and talk and talk about what we are thankful for. Tomorrow morning we'll stay in our pajamas until noon and watch the parades. Ahhhhh, what a holiday. Genuine reflection and relaxation. I can't wait.

No comments: