Monday, August 24, 2009

The Difference Between Boys and Girls

I sort and fold clean laundry on my bed.

If it doesn't get put away during the day I have to transfer it to the cedar chest in the hall so that we can get into bed.

This morning I noticed that the boys clothes on the cedar chest had been rummaged through and generally unfolded and thrown on the floor as they got ready for school, instead of put away in to their drawers as they had been asked. I sighed and went downstairs to work on something else.

A few minutes later I heard doors slamming and called upstairs, "Kinley, what are you doing?"

"Putting my clothes away", came the reply.

A three year old girl puts her clothes away in her wardrobe without even being asked and a nine and six year old boy will only do it upon threat of death...or no SpongeBob for a week.

No comments: