Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kinley's Hair



I never thought that I would be disappointed that one of my kids didn’t inherit my cowlick. Both the boys have it and Ryker’s is especially large and unruly, but Kinley doesn’t seem to have even the slightest sign of it. Her hair lays flat down on her head and, now that I am growing out her bangs, right in her eyes. If only she had a little cowlick just to part her bangs and hold them up out of her eyes. Since my genes haven’t helped her out any and Kinley now knows how to take out barrettes and headbands, I have resorted to “the Pebbles”, you know that pony tail right on top of the head that sticks straight up in the air. I leave out the bone, but otherwise it looks just like it. Not that I’m complaining. I’ve been waiting a long time to have a little girl whose hair I could fix, so I’m actually in hog heaven. Oh well, at least that cowlick is one less thing she’ll be able to complain about as she does her hair throughout her teenage years.

No comments: