Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Diet Tip

I haven't participated in Works for Me Wednesday for a while because I didn't have much to contribute, but here is a little tip that I have found to be very helpful when dieting.

Just because you are dieting doesn't mean you have to (or are able to) give up all of your favorite treats. You and your family will still want to indulge occasionally, but the trick is to make sure you don't overindulge.

I've found that if the good stuff (i.e. chocolate, cookies, pastries, etc) are in the house I will eat them. But if they are only in the house for a few hours I can just eat one, satisfy my craving, and then not worry about it anymore.

The idea is to only make goodies when you have someone else to give them to. For instance, when I'm hungry for Maple Cinnamon Rolls I make them for my Sunday School class. I get to eat one or two and then they are devoured by other people and out of my house. Any time I'm invited to a party I take foods that I can't eat on a regular basis like Bacon Bites or Tuxedo Cake. Once again I get a small sample and everyone else gets the rest. Even a trip to my parent's house gives me an excuse to make Bread Pudding or Cranberry Cheesecake.

If you do something nice for me, have a baby, undergo surgery, look down in the dumps or have been offended by me in some way I'll be there on your doorstep with Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake, brownies, Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars or Rice Krispie Treats....with one missing of course.

I guess you could say I just like to have my cake and let someone else eat it too. It works for me.

For more great ideas head over to Rocks In My Dryer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I was going to say I wish you lived close to me so you could bring me goodies, but then I remembered I'm supposed to be dieting ;)

southerninspiration said...

cute!! And yes, it does help to share!!!!

Suzanne

Veggiemomof2 said...

Greta idea!

Raise Them Up said...

LOL! That's a great idea! But did you have to go and link to all those tempting treats?? :) Now, who can I give something to...?