Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Color Memory

Because it was a deal at CVS, I recently bought some Herbal Essences Hydrating Orchid and Coconut Milk Shampoo.

I haven't used HE shampoo for several years but I used to like it a lot. Don't get me wrong...I still like it, just not the color.

It came in a pretty, curvy, aqua bottle. But when I squirted some in to my hand it looked just like a certain dandruff shampoo for your "Cabeza y Hombros". (Look it up...it won't hurt you to increase your Spanish vocabulary.)

You know the color. That milky aquamarine color that all dandruff shampoos use. Orchid and coconut milk shampoo should be white, beige, ecru, purple, perriwinkle, lavender, wysteria or tickle me pink...but not dandruff shampoo blue-green.

I don't know why it bothers me. That shampoo still smells like orchids and coconuts and it works fine but it just reminds me of being in the shower growing up and being out of my own flowery shampoo and having to use my dad's dandruff shampoo. That medicated smell....ewwww!

Does this type of thing bother anyone else?

It's just like when I painted Kinley's room for the first time and it looked just like a certain stomach medicine that tastes like pink chalk. Certain products have certain colors that are forever associated with them. You just can't help it.

Maybe I should write to Herbal Essences and let them know how disturbing the color of their shampoo is.

Maybe they'll send me a free sample...or coupons.

*getting pen and paper now*

No comments: